Friday, November 21, 2008

The Nap Surprise

I woke up at 7a and I was way awake. I did some stuff and did a lot of pacing around before I sat down. Then I started to get tired and decided to take a nap. I just woke up from the nap and when I came downstairs, Sid was sprawled all over the couch looking as comfortable as can be. Steve worked from home today because he wasn't feeling well. He thought Sid was up in the bedroom with me because it was so quiet in the living room.

I'm a little bummed. I woke up early cause I passed out around 10:30p last night. And I missed all of it! Apparently Sid fell asleep in the bed (king size) with me. When Steve came upstairs, he didn't kick Sid out of the bedroom as he usually does. So my darling little boy and Steven and me were all in the same bed sleeping last night. By the time I woke up Steve and Sid had gone downstairs. I didn't even know Sid slept with us all night until Steve told me. I'm so bummed. I would've loved to have seen that. I love it when Sid sleeps with me.

He usually sleeps downstairs in the living room and "protects" the house. Really, he's just cozied up and comfy. We have a pellet stove in that room and it keeps it mighty toasty.

Voice of Sid: My human was really tired last night. I followed her up to the bedroom cause the door was actually open. That nasty Grey cat wasn't there. I don't think my human noticed me there even though I'm like 80 lbs. I'm a pretty big boy they tell me. (They also tell me that I'm handsome *smile*.) So anyway, when the taller human with the deeper voice comes to bed, he usually throws me out of the room. But, last night he let me stay. Yey! I was so psyched. Sleeping in bed with my humans is a special treat and I'm happy.

*Please stop reading if you find fecal matter offensive!

Doodie Update: Sid made two piles within a minute apart. The first was ok. Nothing fancy or interesting. Then he made a little one and the second piece was nicely tapered.

No comments: