Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sid & His First Chardonnay

The darndest thing. I was actually having a glass of white wine chardonnay in a wine glass. *nose up in air* Anyway, as I was looking at Steve's computer screen, Sid came and took a few laps of my wine. (Ok. I'm lying. I saw him out of the corner of my eye but I was very curious and wanted to see his reaction.) I didn't even research whether or not dogs can tolerate a small amount of alcohol. Oh dear. Anyway, he licked his lips, went over to the couch - continuing to lick his lips - then he made hoarse coughing noises. I thought, oh my god! I killed my dog! Then he stopped and continued to lick his lips. I thought he didn't like it at all, however, he came over once again and looked at the wine glass. I'm bad again. I let him have a few licks. He licked his lips again but didn't cough. Steve is giving him some loving now. Sid always looks at me funny when Steve's petting him. Anyway, that's Sid's first chardonnay.

Voice of Sid: I had a strange experience today. My human had a glass filled with something. I got curious and went over. She was spacing out and tilted the glass slightly and it happened to line up perfectly with my tongue :P *friendly woof with a smile* :) I tasted it when she wasn't looking. It was weird. It smelled weird but I kept lingering over the glass. It wasn't that tasty but it made me feel nice. And it made my mouth all tingly. After I finished coughing my brains out, I went over and my human let me have another little lick. It didn't make me cough. But I still felt tingly. *burp*

*Please stop reading if you find fecal matter offensive!!!

Doodie Update: His fecal consistency is more or less back to normal. His tapering is not bad but we've got to get his nuggets and segments back in shape. They still tear. Sid hasn't had a good one in a while. It's my fault that I spoil him with human food.

When Sid was in obedience school the instructor said do not feed him turkey unless and I forget what she said exactly...but something about a fire out of his ass. So what did I do? I fed him turkey and she was right. (He'll still get turkey next year but less of it.)

No comments: