Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

We always manage to go to the laundromat when it's raining. Usually we get lucky and it breaks up just as we're putting the laundry into the car and then again when we come home. Tonight we weren't so lucky. It was raining hard and the top layer of clothes got wet. Then Steve couldn't find his blackberry and he freaked out. I had to take Sid out for the night so I put Steve's big, black jacket back on and headed out with Sid on the leash. I wanted to let him out alone, but Steve was afraid he'd run and get hit by a car. And he does have a bad track record for running away during the rains. (It's because we used to let him out alone when we didn't feel like getting rained on.) So there I am, Sid on the leash, telling him to go potty and all he does is stay very close to me. Perhaps trying to take cover under my big, black jacket. Well, we both got pelted. He was all soaked when we came back in. I felt bad cause I could take my jacket off but he couldn't. He looks cute all wet. Reminds me of how much he loves swimming and how great it is to witness. Well, Sid didn't do anything outside. He'll have to hold it in until tomorrow morning.

Voice of Sid: Weeeeee! My human took me out in the rain and I got soaked. Why did she do that? *exhale* I didn't give her the signal to go out. She and the other guy came home from *sniff* the laundromat and she said 'outside, let's go.' So I went even though I didn't really want to. I sorta had to go but not bad. And what's with the leash in this rain? What did she think I was gonna do? Run away? *snicker*. I feel good. *aaarrrufff!!!* Yes, it feels good to be a wet, stinky dog. Mom kept petting my wet fur and then sniffing her hands. And I heard her say, Mmmmmm as dad complained about how disgusting wet dog smell is. *ahhh roor!!!*

*Please do not read further if you find fecal matter offensive!!!

Doodie Update: I remember saying to myself. Grace, remember this. Remember what it looks like. And I can't. I think it was impressive enough for me to want to remember. I don't mean to keep track of Sid's daily outputs but it takes up many minutes of the day, every day. So I started observing more and more and made notes to myself. Next thing I know, I can't stop making mental notes. So, sorry there's no update today. I'm too pooped to remember. Pooped. Ahahaha. Get it? Of course you do because you have a brain.

No comments: