Friday, December 19, 2008

First Snowfall

It's this year's first big snowfall. I always look forward to it because Sid loves it so much. I love watching him run around in circles and all around like a maniac. He gets snow on his nose and on his coat. He looks amazingly cute. If it's possible to swoon over a dog's delight, then I'm definitely swooning. Steve & I haven't let Sid run free yet because we were worried that he'll take off. Unfortunately, I left the really, really long leash in the trunk of the car that's completely buried in the snow. Sid will have to wait until we're physically and mentally able to take him out. You have to be prepared for anything. A chase, serious anxiety provoking coaxing. Jumping around trying to get his attention. And scream at him if he starts doing icky things.


Voice of Sid: The cold, white stuff is falling from the sky again. It feels nice when the flakes drop on my nose. It smells so fresh and clean. My humans fell asleep for hours and didn't take me out. I had to hold it in for a really long time. When the girl finally came downstairs, I flew to the door. I peed in the walkway because the girl wouldn't come out of the doorway. I had no choice. Then later, I made a nice pile in the cold snow. The cool of the snow touched my bung hole. A ha ha ha! *arruff*

*Please do not read any further if you find fecal matter offensive!!!

Doodie Update: I had the pleasure of watching Sid take one in the snow. Though I didn't see it, I just know it steamed up as it hit the snow. It melted the snow instantly. I couldn't see it laying in the snow. It was buried far beneath. I'll know to avoid the area based on his paw tracks. I'm going to try to get a better look at his mass tomorrow. I fed him pizza crust the other day and I wanna know how he makes out. Concerned parent or not!

No comments: