Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm So Spoiled

It's true. I spoil Sid. I really shouldn't unless they're healthy'ish treats but I love feeding him. I usually give him a little human food mixed into his dry food which is Nutro natural choice. Then I have Nutro maxx mini bones biscuits and freeze-dried liver treats. He goes crazy for that stuff. We jokingly used to call it puppy crack when we used them to train him. We got the idea from our vet. They keep cookie jars full of the stuff. And at every visit, Sid gets treats for being a good boy. We've been using it as a tool to keep him still while Steve clips his nails. Anyway, I give him those treats and they're considered good. If I give him carrots or apples or watermelon, I don't feel bad. But if I give him a tortilla chip, I don't feed great about doing that. But I get pleasure out of watching him eat it. *crunch*. This morning I had to give him a little plop (like 1/4 cup) of 1% cottage cheese to get him to eat. Yes, he does that now. He won't eat his dry food unless there's something to go with it. He's been known to eat his dry breakfast at 3pm. So yes, I'm a spoiler of dogs. I used to do the same thing to my dead cat Graham. He loved to eat. Absolutely loved it. From fruit to veggies to meat to pizza. He loved it all and had a great appetite. Most of his life, he weighed over 16lbs. (He was big boned *giggle*.) Back to Sid. He's eating a napkin right now and I don't feel like dealing. I'm going to ignore him for now.

Voice of Sid: I'm slowly training my human. She gets better year after year. When I was a young pup, I never got to eat human food. My dad said, dogs eat dog food so I didn't get spoiled even though my mom wanted to. Maybe it was because I had so many belly problems then. Everything gave me diarrhea. Sometimes uncontrollable. As I got older, mom would sneak me treats and I savored every moment with delicious human food. They get to eat that while I eat this dry, dry, dry and hard stuff. Now my humans know. I refuse to eat unless it's supplemented. *nose up in air*

*Please stop reading further if you find fecal matter offensive!!!

Doodie Update: He's been pooping little balls lately. They're about the size of Planter's cheese balls. Remember those? They used to come in a can/container. I loved them but I can't find them anywhere now. Okay, the piles. Last night he made one at the edge of the lawn and a nug rolled onto the driveway. I was horrified. Well maybe not horrified but I pictured tires rolling over it or worse, a shoe stepping on it and it smearing all over the place. Then the person who stepped on it has to deal with cleaning it. And the stink is so terrible. I haven't stepped in dog poo in a while but I remember it clearly. Now that I've talked about it, I'll probably step in some *sigh*.

No comments: